Buxton's Tavern on the West side of Union Square. Built by Jonathan Buxton, Sr. in 1787. Once known as the "Union Hotel" and "The Howison House" and finally as the "Milford Inn". The building burned to the ground on May 3rd, 1959. This location on the oval housed the state liquor store, boulters pharmacy and more recently the home of Foodee's pizza and Ralph's service station.