From a postcard dated 1907. A shot taken from the entry to Elm St. The Foster Block on the right still stands today. The Old Gristmill Store building at the current location of Texaco. The old gristmill store was torn down in 1944. On the other side of the store, a couple of stucco buildings were built in 1924. In 1929, Standard Oil bought the stucco buildings, tore them down and built a brick Socony gas station, which was operated for many years by Paul Hutchinson. This station was removed for the present Texaco station which is much larger and its site includes the area where the grain store stood. Thanks to Jim Philbrick of Milford for the information on this site.